Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting Started

Ok, so basically I've been spending a lot of time thinking about getting into the baking and pastry field. I'm even considering going to school for it, but since money is tight these days, schooling may have to wait for a while.

So in the meantime, I have decided to practice my baking skills. I was at a book store yesterday and came across a section of books devoted specifically to baking. I looked through all the options and picked out a book of recipes I think I will enjoy.

My plan is to simply start at the beginning of the book and work my way through it, one recipe at a time. My hope is that by doing this, I will develop much better skills in baking and even start the process of learning all the chemistry and preciseness that goes into baking.

With each recipe I complete, I will photograph it and then write down my expereinces: how difficult the recipe was, how long it took me to make, how it turned out, etc. By doing this, I hope I will be able to learn from my mistakes and hone my baking skills. And if you happen to be lucky enough to know me personally, you may have some tasty treats coming your way.

I hope you enjoy reading one woman's journey toward a new career in baking, but even if you don't, I'll still enjoy the process.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm that sounds really fun:) I look forward to seeing your creations!

    Amy Ryan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I look forward to eating them!

    ReplyDelete